Our Children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 31

The end of March

I'm going to try to write more frequently, so that when I do write it's not forever long!
Since the last update:

Saturday, March 24th was the day I took Adelaide to the church's kids event that morning. Schaeffer and I went into town to get the kickstand fixed on my bike (which was not a success, and still isn't fixed). The kids and I ended the day with a trip to Lammas Land for some play since it was so nice. David went to London for the soccer (football) game and had a great time!

Sunday March 25th - church in the morning. It's great when the kids can ride to church on their scooter and balance bike - then they're worn out and ready to sit in church for 1.5 hours! We had our neighbors over for tea and cakes later that day, and enjoyed getting to know them better. The kids enjoyed playing with their little boy.

Monday March 26th - Thankful I am at a point to be more involved with Adelaide's school. I met with a few other moms to help plan the school's upcoming Bike-A-Thon to raise funds for a new bike shed. I cycled up there for the meeting and then shopped at Sainsbury's; I have to keep my shop to a minimum when I'm on the bike and only get what can fit in the basket and my backpack, which makes me a little top-heavy. The Alabama Boys arrived in time for a later dinner of Beef Pie, and Sticky Toffee Pudding with custard for dessert. I went out with a few moms from school that evening which was really nice to get out and chat! I came back to six guys out in our little garden patio area having a great time visiting; I joined them for a while before the pile of dishes began calling my name.

Tuesday, March 27th we made a full English Breakfast, complete with baked beans and grilled tomatoes and mushrooms.

I wanted to cook as much British food for these boys as possible, and figured I couldn't cook enough for three 18 year old boys! The kids and I met the boys and David at the Botanic Gardens later in the afternoon for a run-around quickly before it closed.


That evening we had Bangers and Mash. Come to think of it, most of my time during their visit consisted of buying groceries, bringing them home, and cooking them!

Wednesday, March 28th - Slow morning for us all; staying up too late chatting! It's encouraging for David to see his former students and catch up with them and see where they are in life. The kids LOVED playing with them, and made many memories that way. I'm thankful that our children have a built-in way of being around older people on a consistent basis and seeing lots of people in and out of our home. Pasta Bake for dinner, and then David and the guys went out to meet up with some of David's friends.

Thursday, March 29 -

The guys headed out to catch their train, and Schaeffer and I headed to the church bible study. Addie to Dr. that afternoon; David had Life in the Round, and afterwards he and Angeline came home so that she could sit while he and I went to our Home Group.

Friday, March 30 - pretty low-key day, nice to have some time to get the house back in a little order and just be the 4 of us after lots of company this month. Pizza and movie night! Oh, Schaeffer and I walked out to Homebase (I had to give my legs a break from the bike!) and bought some soil and seeds to plant - Lupin and Sunflower.

Saturday, March 31st - David left early for the New Word Alive conference in Wales. It's just the kids and I for six days! Adelaide's on Easter holiday for three weeks!!! Looking forward to doing some things in and around Cambridge, getting together with friends, and also just having some down-time at home, hopefully.
Our daffodils all came up this week! We kept track of the new blooms each day with a tally chart and number sentences to get the total number of blooms each day. 

No comments: