Just to update, we made it home to Montgomery, AL last night, getting to our house about 9:30 or 10. Our house feels huge after being in a smaller home all summer - so strange!!! It's good to be home, especially after this week.
We were supposed to leave Dublin for England on Monday, and then fly London to Atlanta on Tuesday. However, our plans changed because I ended up miscarrying. I was probably about 6 weeks along, and had just found out the week before. I was waiting to tell extended family and friends until we got back and were able to see my doctor. I wouldn't normally write personal stuff like this on the blog, but I've written everything about our summer so far and it seems strange to leave this out. And why write about just the good times? We're doing well, physically and emotionally especially considering all the hassle in changing travel plans and then actually traveling. Perhaps that was a blessing in disguise that it happened during our vacation to Ireland because we had to make phone calls, had to travel, had to mind Addie, had to keep going. I was especially excited about being pregnant because Addie would have been just over 2 years, I would have been due at the end of March when it's not too hot, and THIS IS SO CRAZY but BOTH of my other sisters, Lauren and Krista, are DUE AT THE END OF MARCH. So we were all due within 3 days of each other!!! So obviously this pregnancy was perfect timing for me, but not for God. We look forward to seeing what his perfect timing is concerning more family members, and are thankful we believe in a God who is in total control of his creation.
My younger sister Lauren flew in to Montgomery last night to be with us this weekend, to hug me and to help with Addie while we unpack and settle in. That was nice to have her visit to look forward to during this week.
We had a wonderful summer and would love to answer questions, share stories and new growth/knowledge with you. We'd love to hear about your summer as well. I won't be posting as much now that we're back to 'regular life.' But please feel free to leave a comment, email us, call us or stop by.


13 comments:
Oh, Sarah...so sorry to hear about that! I know it's difficult to figure out what God is doing sometimes, but I'm glad that you and David are both firm believers that He's in control!
I am glad you made it back safely from your trip. Thanks for all of the updates! I cannot believe that both of your sisters are pregnant! 5 kids!! Wow! Keep us updated as we will too. Miss you guys! Coming to STL anytime soon?
I so sorry, Sarah. I tear up anytime I hear of someone losing a baby. I know how it hurts. I wish I could give you a big hug, but I'm glad your sister is there. I'll be praying for you all.
I'm glad to hear that you are back home safely. Enjoy getting settled in!
Sarah, so sorry to hear about the baby!! But glad you seem to be doing okay with it. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers. Glad you made it home safely!!
I love you so much Sarah! Wish we could be there with you too. Many prayers, hugs and kisses from Texas! It was so good to talk to you on the phone last night! I'll call you on our way to the lake.
Love you, Krista for all
Sarah, I am so sorry. I'm glad that you are doing well and are home safely. I'll call you soon. Love you.
welcome back to america!!!
i'm sorry to hear you lost this little one. that would have been special for all 3 of you to have had kids so close to each other.
praying for you,
BR
Thinking of you and praying for you. Glad you made it home safely.
Hey Sarah--thanks for all of the updates! It has been fun reading about your trip. I will be praying for you as you grieve the loss of a little one--I know how hard it is. I am encouraged by your words of confidence in God's faithfulness and sovreignty--in the good and the hard times.
Sarah I love you and am so glad you are back safely. We will be thinking of you all as you adjust back to the states and cope with your loss. I'm so sorry. I'm glad Lauren is there, tell her hello! I'd love to talk soon.
love you,
Annaliese
Sarah and David,
We recently stumbled across your blog, and have enjoyed reading about the amazing summer God provided for you.
Even so, our hearts break with yours over your recent trial. Kendra miscarried this summer too. We were also on vacation, and had a family member due at the same time. We hope the Spirit will give you comfort and hope in the midst of your grief, and that you will find peace in the promises of God: that your child is with the Lord (2 Sam. 12:23), and that death will one day be swallowed up by the victory of Christ (1 Cor. 15:54).
We love and miss you both!
In Christ,
Doyle and Kendra
Sarah,
Emily and I are both saddened by your loss. I know this must be a tough time for you and David, and we will be praying for you.
We are happy you made it home safely and hope you had a wonderful experience in Europe. Emily, Townes, and I will have to come over int the next couple of weeks.
I'm so happy you made it back safely from your trip. I know you made memories that will last a lifetime. I am praying for your family and your loss. I didn't know your sisters were BOTH due in March. That is very exciting, and I know God has a special plan for your next baby!!
-Jenn
Sarah,
You are in my prayers. I know that God will give you the comfort and love you need during this very difficult time. We do not always understand His timing but in the end He will be glorified. After I lost Megan, I was able to minister to a woman in our church who was a new Christian and going through the same pain with a loss of a child. Hold your daughter close to your heart - it really helps.
Love,
Debbie Easterwood
Post a Comment