Our Children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27

Tuesday, May 27

If you've visited this blog before, you know I usually just post pictures and don't write much. But since we're in Cambridge, I'm thinking this is the easiest way to share our experience with those who want to read it, without sending out mass emails. So here goes... We left Montgomery on Tuesday, May 27 around 5:30 pm CST, heading to Atlanta’s airport. David’s brother, Robert, dropped us off at around 8:30 EST with 2 large suitcases, a weekend bag, 2 backpacks, computer bag, stroller and baby! Checking in was a problem as we didn’t have a ticket for Addie as a lap baby. So about 20 minutes later, less patience, minus $335, we headed to our terminal – farthest one, last gate. My watch died on the way to the gate – perfect! Never realized how often I check the time. We checked the counter, went to the bathroom and boarded within 5 minutes – no time to get dinner. Our flight took off about 10:30 EST; thankfully not a full flight so we were able to get 3 seats together. Adelaide was very tired, so we tried to get her asleep. ALMOST there, and then they started serving dinner, 11:30. I was very happy to eat, just wanting A to sleep some. Finally got her down about 12. She slept the whole “night”, not waking up until just before breakfast. This was about 10 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), but about 4 CST. So she had about 5 hours of sleep. David slept a little here and there; I did not but did get to rest, of course. I did, however, just about faint when I walked to the back of the plane for some water! This time I could feel it coming on and sat down before hitting the floor. (I fainted a few weeks ago visiting an elderly neighbor in Cardiovascular ICU). A little orange juice and ice on the forehead helped – maybe just tired from preparations for the trip? All in all, the flight went really well. Oh, we did manage to loose Addie’s favorite paci. Down to 1 now...She loved the picture album I put together for her, especially her Montgomery cousins. She tries to say Ella, comes out “Lela.” Also liked trying to pear over the back of her seat.

No comments: