Our Children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 9

Friday!

Friday often means pizza and movie night around here! Frozen pizzas weren't too bad, and David bought "Horton Hears a Who" off the internet or something somewhere, I don't know. Anyway, kids enjoyed it and are off to bed.
So let's see, Tuesday afternoon I think I did something but can't remember. Oh, David took Adelaide (and then Schaeffer as well) up to the store to get donuts for her first day of school. Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Oh, and that evening I placed my first online order with Sainsbury's, to be delivered Thursday morning! I saved 40 pounds with 1/2 off offers, etc. and also had a code for 10 pounds off your first order.
Wednesday morning we were up at 6 to get ready and breakfast. See the post below for more details. Needless to say, she was very excited and ready to go. Ti-Ti managed to go as well, but that was the only day. We stayed for the Assembly and then headed home.
Schaeffer and I, after putting out a load of clothes to hopefully start drying, headed into town for a playgroup at STAG (Anglican church). On the way though, we popped in 2 charity shops and I bought 2 skirts for 4 pounds each, and 2 kitchen dishes (glass bowl and tart pan) for like 1.50 and 1.75 each.
Playgroup was nice, 1 pound entrance, mostly manned by the older women in the church. I think it's a great way to reach out to the local community. Schaeffer was a magnet to the trains, and sitting there I realized I might very well just be sitting here for the rest of the hour and not meet anyone. But thankfully, Sandra (I think) came and sat by me. We had a nice chat - maybe I'll see her again.
Left early to go 'collect' Adelaide at 12:15 (or 15 after 12, as they say). It's kind of nice that it's just her class that gets out at that time, so I can see and visit with the moms/parents from her class and get to know them all. Didn't get a whole lot out of her about her first day; someone brought chips (crisps) for snack, can she tomorrow? She got to take papers or something to the office with another boy, Max. Oh and she needs Wellies that stay at the school.
Lunch, naps, and when D got home I headed into town to get groceries at Sainsbury's for dinner tonight. Pui and his girlfriend came over for hamburgers, which was nice. I made brownies, my first thing to really make here, which was kind of tricky because I didn't have a square pan, so bought 2 packs to double the recipe to bake in my 9x13 pyrex. And then I realized I didn't have any measurement cups, and had no clue how to eye-ball 25 ml of oil and 75 ml of water! So had to look around the cupboard for jars and cans to see how much. Thankfully, they turned out edible. We had the kids sit on boxes with a larger box as their table.
It kind of worked, except I had broccoli and brownie all over the floor, thanks to Schaeffer. They were hyper!!! Pui and David headed into town for an Atheist and Agnostic meeting, and Natasha stayed to visit while we cleaned up from dinner and bathed the kids (my first time to do so here!).
Thursday am I had to go sort out some of her uniform - checking on sizes, ordering this and that, etc. Then home; so tired I laid down with Schaeffer about 9:45 and we both fell asleep. But then I woke up to the Sainsbury's delivery guy knocking - yah! My first delivery! So so so nice, esp. thinking of hauling all of that to my house on foot. Schaeffer kept sleeping, so I did computer and household work.
Got Addie, home for lunch, then headed into town about 2:30 for shopping. "White Stuff" is my new favorite store, but things are too expensive - but the sales lady told me they're having a sale in a few weeks, 20% off! But most of our time was spent at T.K. Maxx, like T.J. Maxx. In fact, I bought a scarf that had a Macy's tag on it! Found office organizers, pans (pizza, square, loaf), 2 scarves, rain jacket for Schaeffer, cute little dress for Addie, doctor play kit and Thomas puzzle, and drawer liners (gardenia!) for my new dresser which I'm trying to wipe down and air out the musty smell.
Late getting home, oh and poor Schaeffer fell asleep in the stroller on the way home, and even stayed asleep through me getting the 'push chair' over the thresh-hold (which is no easy feat, nor smooth!). Leftover pasta dinner, bed. I'm bidding on some items on ebay - 2 dressers for our room and kids room, toddler bed, Ikea chair for living room, all within a 25 mile radius of Cambridge so hopefully we can borrow someone's car and go get it. So we'll see what happens!
Friday I got up with enough time to have a quick devotion, finally! Made oatmeal, as I accidentally bought enough on my online order to last us all through the year! After getting Adelaide off to school, Schaeffer and I came home for some play time and household chores (which mostly involves me moving clothes around so they have the most opportunity to get dry). Then into town, to John Lewis for skirt hangers which were way too expensive but I can't find anywhere else, and some other things before going to collect Addie. Home, lunch, naps (computer work for me). Played, cleaned dresser, pizzas, bath and movie. They're doing really well sleeping together in that little room.
I need to place an order with Argos or Tesco for more household items. Hopefully I'll get tog that sometime this weekend. I'm ready to start having people over but need a few things to make that happen - including child's table and chairs! I'm honestly really tired, just physically from I guess walking so much, which I enjoy but I am really tired now.
Tomorrow, I'm going shopping with Jacky, another mom from school (actually sisters with Rob Cubitt), beginning at the charity shops on Burley Street. Maybe we'll fit in a coffee at a coffee shop - that sounds nice to do, without kids. David's planning to take the kids to one of the college's museum which has dinosaur bones!
Then later on, Estelle and I are planning to take kids to Botanical Gardens. We have a Heritage School tea on Sunday afternoon; hopefully the rain will hold up for that. Thankfully I'm actually all caught up with laundry right now - we have clothes and mattress pad hanging from the curtain rods, and more clothes on the drying rack and radiator racks. But if there's sun, I could stand to wash sheets, duvet covers and towels.

No comments: