Tonight, with the ice, it took a bit longer. And the temperatures were well below freezing (20, felt like 12, Fahrenheit). We bundled up in two/three layers and set out, with Addie's new scooter especially purchased for this trip to eliminate some of her exhaustion from walking so much at night and in the cold. We got to Mill Road about 5 'til 6 (so obviously late), and the bus didn't come until 6:25! So cold! And when it did finally get there, it was SO FULL the bus driver said we couldn't come on. The kids were CRYING - it was so sad. We were very cold and hungry (I was going to take Schaeffer and I to the cafe at Sainsbury's during Adventurers - by the time we got there, it was closed). We were walking away, and then THANKFULLY saw another bus. So we caught that one down Mill Road and then walked the 15 min. to the Centre, arriving an hour late. I think my kids did very well for being so cold and out in the elements for that amount of time. I felt so bad seeing the big tears in Schaeffer's eyes because he was so cold!
So basically it took an hour and a half to get there, and an hour to get home (after getting croissants and flapjacks for dinner). I just checked the mileage on Google maps - 1.8 miles. That's about the distance from our old house in Old Cloverdale to CVS on Zelda.
I think I'll go to bed now and dream of a car.


4 comments:
Oh Sarah that sounds miserable, so sorry! Couldn't you walk it faster than having to wait for the bus?
Yes I could but it'd be a long way for Adelaide to walk. Maybe in the warmer months she can use her new scooter since it'll be light outside then. I'm hoping we figure out the bus stop there so we can time it correctly.
That sounds exhausting! I will pray for a smoother (and warmer) journey next week!
Sounds like you had your own adventure without having to go to Adventurers! It does look like your weather is warming up a bit. Hopefully that will hold.
Post a Comment