It was so nice and they were a wonderful group – played Haydn, Mendelssohn, and some other French composer. A nice evening out together.
Sunday, July 27
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Church at Eden this morning. It’s so hot in there! Stopped by the store for chicken and bread and went home to get Addie down for a nap. David was on to work this afternoon. Mayowa and I just enjoyed the afternoon at home. Oh, interesting story: This poor girl shows up at our door saying in broken English that she’s Elizabeth and is here to stay here with her host family. I try to figure out what’s going on, and just bring her in to sort it out. I don’t want to make her feel bad or start to cry. Turns out she’s from Florence, probably high school age, and is here for 3 weeks to study English with the English Center. So we call them and turns out she’s suppost to be at 20 Canterbury CLOSE, not street! That’s what I thought. So I walked her around the corner to make sure she got to the right family. They were home and expecting her so that was good. I felt so bad – I mean what if I wasn’t a nice person? What is no one was home? What would she have done? She didn’t know who to call or anything. Anyway, had dinner and then Mayowa watched Addie while David and I went to a string quartet concert at Clare College.
It was so nice and they were a wonderful group – played Haydn, Mendelssohn, and some other French composer. A nice evening out together.
It was so nice and they were a wonderful group – played Haydn, Mendelssohn, and some other French composer. A nice evening out together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment