Today Addie and I did laundry and packed a box to send to Montgomery, and then packed up all of our stuff from the summer. We went into town with the box - the only way I could figure out how to do it was to put the box in the stroller and carry Addie, or hold her hand. So I 'secured' it with David's belt, my Mommy hook (which has been so helpful this summer!
http://www.themommyhook.com/), and a rubber band. Addie did not like the box in her stroller at first but then adjusted to it. She walked almost the entire way - probably 3/4th of a mile. David took that to post while I got a few more items at the market and went around town with old receipts trying to figure out how to get my VAT (value-added tax) back at customs. Every store does it differently, so you just have to ask. And my mobile is almost out of minutes so thought by-foot would be the best way. I was really sad walking back home and crossing Magdalene Bridge for the last time.
This is of Addie when we got home - she climbed up on the sofa all by herself and read herself this little book. I have a video I'm trying to upload but unsuccessful so far.

That night, David came home with Mayowa and Matt. They were tremendously helpful! David and Matt got dinner for us all. Mayowa helped iron, clean toys, etc. and Matt went to town cleaning the oven and stove! We vacuumed in spirts because it would overheat, I mopped, Matt cleaned out the fridge, Mayowa the kitchen cabinets, etc. David the bathroom and got Addie down. It was sad telling Matt bye - at least we can tell Mayowa bye tomorrow and not have to do all goodbyes at once. I was up until after 1 finishing with packing and a few emails. Late night, and will be an early morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment