Our Children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 7

Saturday, June 07, 2008

David on to work this morning; he gets off at 3, but has to work Sunday 1-5. Addie fussy this am – told me her teeth were hurting. Sometimes I wonder if that’s really true (tooth #16 has come through more, so it very might well be hurting) or if she just wants an excuse to be whiney, or if my reaction of surprise that she’s really communicating “hurt” to me spurs her on! I just put her straight back into bed after breakfast because she was not getting past the fussiness – just for some “time out.” Got to settle up on finances while she played – she’s so cute playing, and started doing the motions when “itsy bitsy spider” came on itunes. Now she’s asleep, and I’m writing, reading, cleaning while listening to Andrew Bird. Good music for a cool, dreary day – need to make some tea to warm up. I don’t know why but I can’t get our radiators on; I did the other day. Oh, I googled cream fraiche and the website for Sainsbury's came up, which has loads of recipes. Good for the future, as I think using a recipe written over here will be much easier to cook than trying to do something in our measurements and ingredients. I got to go the store and market for flowers today by myself, since David was home to watch Addie (who didn’t eat lunch ‘til 4:30, after her long nap!). Heavy hauling it uphill without a stroller, though! Got dinner going; we’re having over Martin and Mary tonight at 7. We had a nice dinner with them; got to hear their “story” and more info about England and daily-life in general (asked Mary for more advice on how to do the wash!). We really enjoyed our evening with them. After most of the dishes were done, David got a movie set up via the internet to watch; we got about 1/3 of the way done, and the streaming wouldn’t work because our connection was low…will try again later, but a neat idea!

No comments: