Our Children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 4

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I was going to go the Bible Study this am at Eden, but Adelaide slept too long, again. Oh well; it’d be more important to me if we were here longer, but I’m not too big on establishing “roots” for just 2 months. Adelaide actually took a morning nap today, about 11 – 12:30. Before that we washed a load of clothes and hung them up to dry – she’s a pretty good helper, although a few times she’d pick them up and forget to give them to me, I guess distracted by a bird or something; so the clothes ended up in the grass! I tried to make our bed more comfortable (it’s really 2 twins just stuck together with a big crack in between) and called local places for times, etc. A up, a quick snack and out to take lunch to D at Round Church about 1:30. Then we strolled around, going in shops or alleys that seemed interesting to me. Addie was hungry, so went back a few shops to a pasty store; she liked the crust, not the insides. I think Nani Olson or Gramma Hauser used to make these? Anyway, I was sitting on a park bench by some old church near Market Square, and a lady came to sit by us; Adelaide kept waiving and trying to get her attention, so we started talking. People are so nice! Then headed to Christ’s Pieces (park/green) to the playground, and she was so happy there! She ran around and laughed at the other kids running around. She did really well climbing up the steps and walking over the little bridge and going down the slide – did that MANY times. And swung a little too. Met two moms with babies (Adda 17 mo and the other 10 mo.) from Finland; told them I was 1/4, great-grandparents were Tervaname (sp?) but changed to Olson upon arriving in USA. They asked where they were from – do we know? Anyway, had a good talk w/ them and they invited me to meet them back there on Friday. I like meeting people like this…more natural. Headed out about 3:30 to try to get her some sleep, but ended up just going in more shops – I can’t resist! (She did sleep about an hour in the stroller) Found some red shoes, loafer style, SUPER comfortable at Clark’s. 50% off for L20, so just bought them and will ok w/ D later on. Walked home to change (hot!) and drop pasty in fridge, then met D at RC after 5. We went to dinner at Pizza Express, an Italian restaurant recommended in my England book and by Martin. They were supposed to have a pianist but said they didn’t start ‘til 7 or so. Nice dinner, more than we would have liked to have spent, but nice to eat out. On to Grafton Place to show David some places & stores. Walked home a different route, actually passing by where the bus dropped us off a week ago. Can’t believe we’ve been here a week! We’re meeting with Ranald tomorrow morning to be “discipled”, and it’s nice he wants to arrange it at a time that (hopefully!) Addie will be down for a nap so I can participate as well. I think Martin’s coming too. I was supposed to go to Laura’s tomorrow at 10, but have post-poned that ‘til the afternoon. Did some ironing when Addie was down while David was checking on the soccer/football game at the local pub.

No comments: