Our Children...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 13

Thursday, June 12, 2008

This morning I decided to wash Addie’s sleep things (blanket, lovie, Tiger) when she woke up, especially since Tiger has been run over by the stroller wheels on the street one too many times. I thought it would help if Addie helped me put them in the washer. It didn’t. She cried. But got over it when I mentioned breakfast. So she’s sitting there eating breakfast watching the washer while I do dishes and fix my hair. Then she gets all in a tizzy about something, pointing at the washer…she sees Tiger! I had put him in the back of the washer, knowing it wouldn’t be a good thing if she saw him getting spun around in there. But I guess he made his way to the front. I try to tell her that he’s ok, that he’s dirty so he needs to get cleaned. Then have the brilliant idea of telling her Tiger’s getting a bath. Once she heard that, she looked very curiously at the washer, like she was thinking “That sure is an odd place to get a bath! That’s not where I get my baths!” She would point and say “Ti-Ti” every time she saw him spinning around, poor thing. She wasn’t freaked out, just kind of tense that he was in there, I guess! At least breakfast was good - crumpets! Toasted in our new toaster, thanks to Martin’s wife Mary. I guess she thought heating up toast in the oven wouldn’t work, even though that’s what I do back home. Wish I could take this toaster back home with us – stainless steel, very nice; would look perfect in our kitchen! We made it to the mother’s coffee up the street (15 min. walk), even in the rain. Eden mothers. Very nice; I learned a lot about pregnancies and childbirth in the UK. Addie enjoyed playing and eating the straw crackers, and trying to feed the babies. Ha! After nap, went downtown for a latte at Marks & Spencers (clothes, food esp. for “take away”, café, etc.) and then tried to find the library. Thought that’d be a good activity for a rainy day. It’s closed! At least the one we tried. Bummer. Found a dry cleaners for my sweater – super expensive at like $9! Oh well. Stopped by RC on the way home to see Dada and let Addie run around. Tried our version of fish and chips tonight – ok, but forgot vinegar.

No comments: