Tuesday, June 3
Tuesday, June 3
Funny thinking we were trying to get to bed early last night, about 10, because we didn’t get down until about 1! Neighbors across the street went to their garden with friends around 11, and talked ‘til 12:30. They’re actually Americans, part of the Lutheran group studying over here. Crazy how clear we could hear their conversation; probably b/c garden is lined with brick walls. Thankfully they went in b/c of rain. Just when i got to sleep, A woke up around 12:45; held her and put her down around 1. Her 16th tooth has finally broken ground in the last few days, so hopefully that’s been part of the dilemma with her lately; and hopefully things will get better soon for her – more regular.
Another very drizzly day, so we actually just stayed home all day. I was up at 8 to shower after David (I don’t know what I’d do w/ Addie if she was awake and I needed to shower, so I feel I need to get one while he’s still here and she’s down), but actually went back to bed at 10. I was going to try to go to a mother's playgroup at Eden called Tiddly-Winks at 10, but she kept sleeping. A up at 10:45, late breakfast for her. She helped me vacuum the whole house :). We read, wrestled, played “this little piggie”, etc. Kind of nice just being home. Put her down for a nap around 2, and then fixed my lunch. Decided to heat some bread on the grill that I finally finished cleaning; but it set off the smoke detector – very LOUD! I tried to call David, while opening the doors and fanning it; then tried Martin, who said he’d ring Peter (landlord). I went up to get Addie, thinking she must be screaming her head off and I just couldn’t hear her, but she was still sound asleep – amazing! Got her up anyway and went outside; it finally went off. Got her back down and then Peter called; good to talk with him about house stuff, etc.
I napped a little and read about English history and what to do locally. Addie up 5:30, David home from store about 5:45. It’s so cute to hear her pitter-patter around the house. I usually keep a chair to open the fire door between the living area and kitchen, just to keep the air flowing; otherwise the kitchen/bath gets so stuffy. David went up to change (soaked from the rain) and Adelaide followed him; she has climbed the stairs before, but this time FELL 8 stairs down. We were so horrified, but PRAISE GOD she’s alright. No broken bones, etc. Whew! So I guess we need to get a gate or just make sure she’s being spotted while climbing. And we now know to call 999 for emergencies and where the hospital is, just in case...
David’s day was busy, lots of odds and ends. Visitors stopping by to get out of the rain, so got to talk with them. Staff meeting, so he had to run the place all by himself. He really gets along well with Martin, and got to meet Ian Cooper, who is the senior tutor. He wrote all the historical exhibit panels in the Round Church (RC), but has had to cut back his time at the RC because of lack of funds (his wife Elaine as well). Beth, the administrative assistant of sorts, is on vacation for 3 weeks, so David gets to fill in – emailing visitors who have left contact information, running the cash register, etc. Martin is busy with preparing for the 3 weeks of intense courses coming up in July.
Talked over dinner, bath and bed for Addie. I might try to go email at the Lutheran’s house! Exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment